Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Copper Penny Bullion Investing
 How much does a $50 bag of pennies weigh?
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TenBears
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1021 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2008 :  17:48:51  Show Profile Send TenBears a Private Message
I don't have a scale, and I don't want to cart off a $50 mint bag of cents to the YMCA to weigh it. Not saying, but I might have a goal to at least get to a ton of copper pennies so that I can put "ByTheTon" in my forum handle (but only after I find an Indian Head as having "ByTheTon" in my name would exclude me from the Rational Thinkers).

So, for you guys who hoard by the pound, or by the ton for that matter, how much does a $50 mint bag of copper pennies weigh?

"Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is not baying after what you can't have. Rich is having the time to do what you want to do. Rich is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells. Rich is not owing any money to anybody, and not spending what you haven't got." Robert Ruark

there are too wild Indians...
there are too wild Indians...-----still taunted

natsb88
Administrator

USA
1850 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2008 :  18:07:57  Show Profile Send natsb88 a Private Message
Haven't weighed a bag but here's the math:

3.1 g * 5000 pennies / 453.59 g = 34.171 lb.

Nate
The Copper Cave

Go to Top of Page

TenBears
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1021 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2008 :  18:13:06  Show Profile Send TenBears a Private Message
Thank you. 2,000 divided by 34 equals 58.8. So, I only have another 58.5 bags to go before I reach one ton.

"Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is not baying after what you can't have. Rich is having the time to do what you want to do. Rich is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells. Rich is not owing any money to anybody, and not spending what you haven't got." Robert Ruark

there are too wild Indians...-----still taunted

Go to Top of Page

fb101
Administrator

USA
2856 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2008 :  21:11:14  Show Profile Send fb101 a Private Message
I'm doing better than I thought!! I only need 56.7 bags! But my new monicker when I get there is already taken

Go to Top of Page

TXTim
Penny Hoarding Member

629 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2008 :  21:28:54  Show Profile Send TXTim a Private Message
I hit 1,600 lbs. tonight (not incl. 8 wild injuns found in The Republic of Tejas).
Only 12 more $50 bags to go!

Beer is my currency.
Go to Top of Page

HoardCopperByTheTon
Administrator

USA
6807 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2008 :  22:05:27  Show Profile Send HoardCopperByTheTon a Private Message
Unless they are all shiny, brand new BU coppers it is going to take a few more. Circulation wears the coins down a little and reduces their weight slightly. It only takes 300,000 US coppers (60 Bags) to make a ton.

Guess I better sell off a few more bags.. they are starting to pile up again.

If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more.

Now selling Copper pennies. 1.6x plus shipping. Limited amounts available.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2