Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Copper Penny Bullion Investing
 boxes 59 and 60 70000 copper in all its glory :)
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

billsattic
Penny Sorter Member

USA
47 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2008 :  18:57:06  Show Profile Send billsattic a Private Message
Well, here it is... a short video of 7 working days of sorting copper while at the store. Look under retiring thread to get more info... I scored 70000 coppers from my 3 helpers sorting through approx 200000 pennies ... all done with the 1 ryedale... anyone still think this isn't a good investment needs to think again! I plan on filling box 60 and 61 to make sure I break 3 million. Its a goal I have been planning for 3 months now...
You must be logged in to see this link.

WilliamC
Penny Collector Member

USA
471 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2008 :  19:57:30  Show Profile Send WilliamC a Private Message
You are amazing!

Now that you've retired can you spare your helpers for a few weeks?

I'd love to get my unsorted pennies delivered and unrolled and zinc returned for me!

Great job Bill, you are an inspiration to us all. Especially as you did so many by eye!

Sorting In Northwest Mississippi
Go to Top of Page

billsattic
Penny Sorter Member

USA
47 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2008 :  20:00:34  Show Profile Send billsattic a Private Message
had a lot more helpers in those days... don't try to do it by yourself, it will mess up your vision. Buy a ryedale apprentice if you don't have one. It will save your eyes and back! used ryedale for last 3 months or so and wished I would have known earlier... No, this is not a paid advertisement :)

Edited by - billsattic on 03/26/2008 20:01:48
Go to Top of Page

misteroman
Administrator

USA
2565 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2008 :  20:06:22  Show Profile Send misteroman a Private Message
How the hell do you move them without busting the totes?Also said in your video that you fill them and move them downstairs.I assume a basement if you are already on concrete where you sort them.You would think the totes would break again lugging them down the stairs.
D

Buying CU cents!!!! Paying 1.2 unlimited amounts wanted. Can pick up if near Ohio area.
Go to Top of Page

misteroman
Administrator

USA
2565 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2008 :  20:07:29  Show Profile Send misteroman a Private Message
^^^ what I meant by the downstairs comment, is why don't you just sort them down there?
D

Buying CU cents!!!! Paying 1.2 unlimited amounts wanted. Can pick up if near Ohio area.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

85 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2008 :  20:14:14  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by billsattic

Well, here it is... a short video of 7 working days of sorting copper while at the store. Look under retiring thread to get more info... I scored 70000 coppers from my 3 helpers sorting through approx 200000 pennies ... all done with the 1 ryedale... anyone still think this isn't a good investment needs to think again! I plan on filling box 60 and 61 to make sure I break 3 million. Its a goal I have been planning for 3 months now...
You must be logged in to see this link.

I sure would love to see your other 58 totes full of copper pennies.

"The key to building wealth is to not lose money." - Warren Buffet
Go to Top of Page

NotABigDeal
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
3890 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2008 :  20:15:15  Show Profile Send NotABigDeal a Private Message
Sweet man....Any way we can get a picture of the "Field-'O-Pennies"????

Deal

Live free or die.
Plain and simple.

"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your council or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."
- Samuel Adams
Go to Top of Page

billsattic
Penny Sorter Member

USA
47 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2008 :  21:22:00  Show Profile Send billsattic a Private Message
will do... by basement... I only go down 6 stairs... its half in / half out basement type. But my packing is secure and I wrap in duct tape. It holds just fine... I need to get a camera with a flash as this camera doesn't want to for some reason. Just one thing... I would have to cut open to show pennies. They are all in flexi totes with padding and duct tape wrapped around 5-7 times. So, I guess I could open a few to show... I used a dolly to haul them down. It still wasn't easy, but they held well!
Go to Top of Page

Delawhere Jack
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1680 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2008 :  21:29:22  Show Profile Send Delawhere Jack a Private Message
And all this time we thought it was BRINKS that was soaking up all the copper!

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty." Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

wheeler_dealer
Penny Collector Member

USA
402 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2008 :  23:35:37  Show Profile  Send wheeler_dealer a Yahoo! Message Send wheeler_dealer a Private Message
Billsattic,
WOW. That's impressive. How many years to acquire your collection. What part of the country do you call home?
Go to Top of Page

wheeler_dealer
Penny Collector Member

USA
402 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2008 :  23:36:51  Show Profile  Send wheeler_dealer a Yahoo! Message Send wheeler_dealer a Private Message
billsattic,
Pardon my rudeness. Welcome to the site, glad to have you join us.
Go to Top of Page

Nickelless
Administrator

USA
5580 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2008 :  23:42:55  Show Profile Send Nickelless a Private Message
Welcome to the site, Bill. How many pennies are you sorting per week? That's a massively impressive haul you've got.

Visit my new preparedness site: Preparedness.cc/SurvivalPrep.net
--Latest article: Stocking up on spices to keep food preps lively

---------------

Be prepared...and prepared to help: http://www.survivalblog.com/charity.html

Are you ready spiritually for hard times? http://www.jesusfreak.com/rapture.asp
Go to Top of Page

billsattic
Penny Sorter Member

USA
47 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2008 :  06:58:24  Show Profile Send billsattic a Private Message
I live in illinois . I have been on the site for only about 6 months. I just read but never posted. I have known about copper values for quite some time and started sorting in late 2005. I remember as a kid opening rolls in the late 70's for the wheats, but sold my collection in 1988 for over 200.00. Wish I could turn back time, when all pennies were copper (except 43s steel). I wouldn't have bothered to open the rolls - at least some anyway. I don't think I would have lasted 30 years just staring at them though :) To make you collection grow the fastest, I found that you need helping hands to help ward off problems such as zinc disposal, opening rolls, ect... By paying 1.25 cents per copper, I managed to avoid those dreadful visits to the bank. My helpers are ages 13-14 years old. They come into my store and sort there for the most part. They take care of everything and sell me the coppers. Of course, 2 of them developed a collection interest in wheats, so I let them pull some out here and there. I think I have enough now and since there is approx 150 billion in circulation, everyone on this board should be able to surpass me in time. I just have a good mix of having help and a small store - used / antique merchandise. So, I have had a lot of time to kill. Lately, lots of customers have been bringing in silver and Gold as expected with the tough economic times were facing. I don't buy gold, but hoard silver now. Guess I am progressing to more expensive endeavors. My pockets aren't deep ... hence the penny hoarding :), but I have made a killing off scrap silver lately, so time to move on and let the pennies thing go... It isn't easy... trust me!

Edited by - billsattic on 03/27/2008 07:19:39
Go to Top of Page

CoinHunter53562
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1805 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2008 :  08:00:38  Show Profile Send CoinHunter53562 a Private Message
Wow Bill...that is quite impressive. I am kind of the opposite of you in a couple of ways. One, my hoard size is on the opposite extreme...lol. Two, I started off hoarding some silver and now am dabbling in copper. I still do silver, but figured I couldnt go wrong with copper. I hope some day that pre 1982 copper cents are traded like junk silver is today.

My hobby: collecting real money 1 copper cent or nickel at a time.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2