Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Copper Penny Bullion Investing
 Sorting percentages
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 12

n/a
deleted

115 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2006 :  16:13:39  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
Nice find NJINJI. I buy Brinks boxes from one bank and rolls from another bank. I think I find better stuff in the rolls that the bank does rather than the boxes.

A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain. --- Robert Frost
Go to Top of Page

realcent
Forum Admin

USA
246 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2006 :  21:43:21  Show Profile Send realcent a Private Message
I got box of pennies yesterday that I just opened tonight. It was almost entirely new 2006 pennies.

GRRRRRRRR.

RealCent
-----------
For more copper cent hoarding information check out:
You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

ImperialFleet
Penny Pincher Member

USA
217 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2006 :  18:24:38  Show Profile Send ImperialFleet a Private Message
Just bought loose Brinks rolls on Friday and averaged 27.7% copper. Had a dozen or so wheats, and a 1913 penny.
Go to Top of Page

ImperialFleet
Penny Pincher Member

USA
217 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2006 :  20:26:00  Show Profile Send ImperialFleet a Private Message
Once again, bought $10 of loose rolls (all this bank was willing to let go of), these appeared to be from customer turn-ins. Averaged 27.5% copper today, plus 3 Canadians, 4 wheats and 35 '82's. Oldest was a 1929 wheat. I have 2 Brinks boxes waiting at my bank branch for pickup; my next report will be about those.

“Ultimately, the Fed can flood the system by buying any kind of asset, or even dropping bank notes from helicopters" -Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

22 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2006 :  23:34:08  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
i got 40$ in rolls the other day. Pretty bad copper maybe 15-20%. 4 dimes, a couple of wheats (less than brinks boxess). I think i'm gonna stick to brinks, although the dimes are nice.
Go to Top of Page

ImperialFleet
Penny Pincher Member

USA
217 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2006 :  15:49:20  Show Profile Send ImperialFleet a Private Message
From Fridays box:
672 Coppers
7 Wheats
7 Canadians
93 '82's
1721 Zincs

27.44% Copper

“Ultimately, the Fed can flood the system by buying any kind of asset, or even dropping bank notes from helicopters" -Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

115 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2006 :  23:34:44  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
I got another $50.00 loose bag today. Found 9 copper Canadians, 18 Wheats, 1540 59-81s, and one 1973 with JFKs profile stamped next to Lincoln. These Lincoln/JFK pennies were originaly attached to a card that outlined all of the similarities between the two assassinations. I wonder if these are still being sold somewhere? Still batting over .300 in my neck of the woods.

A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain. --- Robert Frost
Go to Top of Page

ImperialFleet
Penny Pincher Member

USA
217 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2006 :  00:31:21  Show Profile Send ImperialFleet a Private Message
It would almost pay off to have you ship me a bag in a USPS flat rate box. The USPS would hate us.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

115 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2006 :  00:42:28  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by ImperialFleet

It would almost pay off to have you ship me a bag in a USPS flat rate box. The USPS would hate us.

I have shipped 175 rolls in a flat rate box already. Weighed just over 61 pounds. The woman at the post office could not lift it.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

42 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2006 :  17:15:26  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
You guys are having great percentages. I'll take those pesky errors off your hands. :<)
Go to Top of Page

realcent
Forum Admin

USA
246 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2006 :  17:54:32  Show Profile Send realcent a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by 3drcpilot

...I'll take those pesky errors off your hands. :<)

Sure thing! I found this one messed up penny from 1955, it is in nice condition, but the darn thing has this horrible doubling all over it...

(just kidding)

RealCent
-----------
Go to Top of Page

ImperialFleet
Penny Pincher Member

USA
217 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2006 :  23:04:57  Show Profile Send ImperialFleet a Private Message
From a Brinks box I bought on Tuesday:
684 Coppers
5 Wheats
3 Canadians
100 '82's
1708 Zincs

27.36% Copper

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

115 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2006 :  11:37:58  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
Bought 2 brinks boxes thursday. Got 7 Canadians, 19 Wheats, and 1479 59-81s.

Go to Top of Page

Ardent Listener
Administrator

USA
4841 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2006 :  16:32:15  Show Profile Send Ardent Listener a Private Message
I'm not into the pennies like most of the rest of you guys but I have notice a lot of 1979 pennies when I sort. It must have been a big year for pennies. With the nickels I notice a lot of 1964s. Of course I'm mostly looking for the silver WWII nickels and get excited when I see some dirty old looking nickels in the bunch.

n/a
deleted

115 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2006 :  08:46:42  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
Got another loose $50.00 bag yesterday. Got 2 Mexican 20c, 15 Wheats, 24 Copper Canadians, and 1855 59-81s. Best bag I have had yet for copper over 37%. I also found a penny with two reverses. It looks like someone made it because if you look with a magnifier there is a slight line around the edge. Someone must have shaved down 2 pennies and glued them togeter. Who ever did it did a nice job.

Go to Top of Page

Tourney64
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1035 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2006 :  10:17:38  Show Profile Send Tourney64 a Private Message
Getting 30% pre 1982 pennies. Been collecting and seperating for 3 years, but not acquiring them like I am now. Getting about 4 Canadians in every 10 rolls, and 1 wheatie. Received a dirty dime, which looked like a penny on 1st glance in a roll last night. Have not yet turned on my zinc pennies as I haven't found a good source to unload them at yet.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

115 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2006 :  12:38:28  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
Picked up 2 more loose bags yesterday. Got 31 copper Canadians, 42 Wheats, and 2960 59-81s.

Go to Top of Page

Ardent Listener
Administrator

USA
4841 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2006 :  13:26:48  Show Profile Send Ardent Listener a Private Message
Just keep on keeping on!

n/a
deleted

115 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2006 :  23:25:17  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
Picked up one brinks box today. Got 5 copper Canadians, 8 Wheats, and 820 59-81s. For approx. 33% copper content. I will be picking up some more loose bags on tuesday.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2006 :  17:54:15  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
I've only recently started sorting coins. My husband is into PMs and he's been telling everyone, over the last few months, about the value of nickels and pre 83 pennies. I started going through the coins we had... and got hooked. My husband doesn't have the patience to sort, but he's been happy to lug in boxes of pennies for me to go through.

I'm only getting about 20% here in north Flordia, but I still enjoy it. I opened one roll that had 10 wheaties... it was like discovering a treasure trove!
Go to Top of Page

Ardent Listener
Administrator

USA
4841 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2006 :  18:00:01  Show Profile Send Ardent Listener a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by katia

I've only recently started sorting coins. My husband is into PMs and he's been telling everyone, over the last few months, about the value of nickels and pre 83 pennies. I started going through the coins we had... and got hooked. My husband doesn't have the patience to sort, but he's been happy to lug in boxes of pennies for me to go through.

I'm only getting about 20% here in north Flordia, but I still enjoy it. I opened one roll that had 10 wheaties... it was like discovering a treasure trove!

Welcome to the forum. 10 Wheaties in a roll.....cool. Are yo anywhere close to Destin Flordia? MY wife and I have vacationed there and it's like paradise with its snow white beaches.

n/a
deleted

4 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2006 :  06:32:47  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
I'm in Panama City, not far from Destin at all. I make it a point to pay attention to the scenery every day.

We get quite a few Canadian visitors, so I've found some copper Canadian pennies. Not as many as I'd like to...
Go to Top of Page

realcent
Forum Admin

USA
246 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2006 :  07:34:11  Show Profile Send realcent a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by katia

...We get quite a few Canadian visitors, so I've found some copper Canadian pennies. Not as many as I'd like to...

Hi Katia, welcome!

I live in Delaware and I get a lot of Canadian cents, not to many nickels though. I save all my copper Canadian pennies in a separate jar. Sorting pennies can be addictive.

RealCent
-----------
Go to Top of Page

Tourney64
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1035 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2006 :  22:43:59  Show Profile Send Tourney64 a Private Message
Received a Brinks $25 box of pennies from my bank today. Received 758 1981-1959 pennies 30%. 4 wheats, 4 Canadian (all newer), 1 dime. I also received an almost mint condition 1968 S penny, which was is a low mintage coin, that I'll probably put on Ebay. Sorted it all by hand, but sure could have used a sorting machine. Based only on today's scrap copper price of $2.31/lb, I calculate the gross profit from the effort at $4.39. I plan on saving the copper coins until a better price. Not much profit considering the effort in sorting and then re-rolling the zinc ones, but I did it while watching tv, so it's really free money.
Go to Top of Page

Ardent Listener
Administrator

USA
4841 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2006 :  18:34:18  Show Profile Send Ardent Listener a Private Message
I came across a 1971 D penny that has a zinc coating on it. It's in near uncirculated condition. I'm sure someone must have coated it. But the question is; do I put it in with the coppers or zincs?

Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.26 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2