Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Copper Penny Bullion Investing
 New to the board
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

klava
Penny Pincher Member

USA
192 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2008 :  23:32:36  Show Profile  Send klava an AOL message Send klava a Private Message
Hello all! Coincollector pointed me to this board there is alot of wonderful info here and I decided to join to share in the thrill of sharing finds and such.

I am a hand sorter. Saving up to buy one of the reydales(sp?). I have just gotten into it I am searching cents and nickels. I havent searched much yet but plan on getting a box of cents tommorow.

Here are my totals so far

Cents searched 2700
Coppers 570 21.1%
Wheates 4
Can. .16c
Mis. found in cent rolls two dimes

Nickels searched 400
Pre60's 10
War Nickel 1

Anyway I look forward to conversing with everyone. One quick question though. What do you guys do with your 82's? I have been saving them back in a seperate jar for when I get the machine. It is correct that some are copper and some are not?

Thanks for reading.

HH
-K

aloneibreak
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
672 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2008 :  23:42:00  Show Profile Send aloneibreak a Private Message
welcome klava. glad you joined. im a hand sorter also. weighing your 82's is the best way to see if they are zinc or copper. my last 3000 or so 82's have been around 80% copper. you can also flip them or drop them on the table. the coppers will have a distinct ring and the zincs a dull thud.

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.
Thomas Jefferson
Go to Top of Page

klava
Penny Pincher Member

USA
192 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2008 :  00:09:44  Show Profile  Send klava an AOL message Send klava a Private Message
Thanks alone. I think for the time being i will just put them in a seperate jar. Ill either weigh them later on when I have spare time or sort them once i get the sorter. Right now I am just concentrating on sorting the max possible lol

-K
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2008 :  06:18:11  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
Not trying to thread crap, but why do people keep pre-60 nickels?
Go to Top of Page

NotABigDeal
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
3890 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2008 :  06:51:24  Show Profile Send NotABigDeal a Private Message
Welcome to the board klava and NESGod. Klava, I would go for the max amount you can hand sort. You will see, soon the need for a Ryedale machine will arise....It happened to me....

NESGod, some people keep all nickels for the future metal value, some don't. Some keep pre-60's in the hopes of there being collector value, some don't. Of course there are the silver war nickels out there too....all should look for those.

Deal

Live free or die.
Plain and simple.

"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your council or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."
- Samuel Adams
Go to Top of Page

klava
Penny Pincher Member

USA
192 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2008 :  07:26:43  Show Profile  Send klava an AOL message Send klava a Private Message
Thanks everyone! Yes I keep the pre60'2 simply for speculation that the numatic value will rise. I mean hey it wont decrease in value lol

-K
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.13 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2