Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Related Topics, Learning and Information
 Realcent.forumco.com Operations and Policy Stmts
 How did you discover the realcent forum?
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

fiatboy
Administrator

912 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2008 :  11:52:46  Show Profile Send fiatboy a Private Message
To make a long story short, I first stumbled onto this forum via the link at You must be logged in to see this link.

How did you first learn of the realcent forum?

"Bart, it's not about how many stocks you have, it's about how much copper wire you can get out of the building." --- Homer Simpson

aloneibreak
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
672 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2008 :  16:06:08  Show Profile Send aloneibreak a Private Message
i read about the hoarding copper forum in a letter to the editor in the magazine Numismatic News. i'd been saving coppers from change for a few years but never realized it could go to this extent.

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.
Thomas Jefferson
Go to Top of Page

HoardCopperByTheTon
Administrator

USA
6807 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2008 :  16:47:30  Show Profile Send HoardCopperByTheTon a Private Message
I found it through a google search back in October or November of 2006 when I was trying to find supporting documentation that melting pennies was legal so I could complete a deal for 2 tons with my metals dealer. When they imposed the ban he said "I guess you were right all along, but we can't do it now" I lurked for several months, reading the posts of others here and finally decided I needed to join so I could post too. It is now my favorite site on the net. I saw on the site the other day that there were 17 guests logged in. I think there are a lot of people that read the forum but don't sign up and post. C'mon.. join and participate. It's great that we have a place to share stories and experiences with others that truly understand our affliction.

If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more.

Now selling Copper pennies. 1.6x plus shipping. Limited amounts available.
Go to Top of Page

copperbullion
Penny Pincher Member

Australia
136 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2008 :  17:11:30  Show Profile Send copperbullion a Private Message
Google... type in copper bullion, and realcent comes up near the top!
Go to Top of Page

NotABigDeal
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
3890 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2008 :  17:17:40  Show Profile Send NotABigDeal a Private Message
I'm not really sure where I heard of it....I think I saw Ardent Listener posting about it over on GIM. I have noticed an increase in new members even since I've been a member. A lot of posts by "new" guys. Pool's getting crowded in a good way. Better crank it up a notch....

Deal

Live free or die.
Plain and simple.

"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your council or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."
- Samuel Adams
Go to Top of Page

Ardent Listener
Administrator

USA
4841 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2008 :  17:28:56  Show Profile Send Ardent Listener a Private Message
I was posting to realcent over the Home Page prior to the forums being started. As I recall I was saying that nickels and even zinc cents were going to be worth more as metal than their face value some day. When realcent started the forums I was the second member behind him. He said that at least we had two members if no one else came.

I miss you realcent.

Realcent.forumco.com disclosure. Please read.
All posts either by the members, moderators, and the administration of http://realcent.forumco.com are for your edification and amusement only. It is not the intent of realcent.forumco.com or its host to provide investment, medical, matrimonial, legal, security or tax advice and nothing posted here should be considered to be so. All rights reserved.

Think positive.
Go to Top of Page

pencilvanian
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2209 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2008 :  20:20:33  Show Profile Send pencilvanian a Private Message
I found this site via coinflation.

Seems like the low men on the totem pole (pennies and nickels) are finally getting some respect, even if it is for just their metal content.
Go to Top of Page

Crash
Penny Pincher Member

USA
155 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2008 :  08:22:57  Show Profile Send Crash a Private Message
I googled hoarding copper pennies after reading a newspaper article about the metal value of copper pennies in late 2006. I've been hooked since. Even if I'm not posting, I try to check for new posts a few times a day if work allows.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

26 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2008 :  21:04:29  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
I too found this via coinflation. com . Having collected coins since I was around 12 some 48 years ago. Along with the fact that my step-dad had a scrap yard and I spent many hours stripping alternators and generators . I seem to fit in nicely :) ...Rick
Go to Top of Page

aboxaweek
Penny Collector Member

USA
326 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2008 :  21:24:20  Show Profile Send aboxaweek a Private Message
well, after reading off an ebay listing, it had a hyperlink to coinflation.com. From there i found this site.

*HUCKABEE*
___08'____
Go to Top of Page

HoardCopperByTheTon
Administrator

USA
6807 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2008 :  22:05:09  Show Profile Send HoardCopperByTheTon a Private Message
I wonder if that hyperlink was the one in one of my auctions.

If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more.

Now selling Copper pennies. 1.6x plus shipping. Limited amounts available.
Go to Top of Page

Ant
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
894 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2008 :  21:57:54  Show Profile Send Ant a Private Message
Googled "hoarding copper".

Lovely dimes, the liveliest coin, the one that really jingles. --Truman Capote

Coins are the metallic footprints of the history of nations. --William H. Woodin
Go to Top of Page

Cerulean
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
993 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2008 :  13:05:10  Show Profile Send Cerulean a Private Message
Link from Coinflation. Been here since October 2006.

Sorting Map
2010 First Finds Contest
Are you a Buffalo Hunter?
Wanna take seignorage away from the Fed? Spend *any* coins!
We cannot afford this government.
Cerulean's Standing Offer: $3/lb shipped for foreign coins
Go to Top of Page

Mantokir

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2008 :  23:23:01  Show Profile  Send Mantokir an AOL message  Send Mantokir a Yahoo! Message Send Mantokir a Private Message
Member at Goldismoney.com and found a link to this website in a thread there...
Go to Top of Page

CoinHunter53562
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1805 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2008 :  17:45:24  Show Profile Send CoinHunter53562 a Private Message
I was referred over here by cyberdan. He saw me posting on the coincommunity forums and thought I might be interested in this as I was already searching for silver in half dollar boxes.

My hobby: collecting real money 1 copper cent or nickel at a time.

Go to Top of Page

TenBears
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1021 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2008 :  21:25:00  Show Profile Send TenBears a Private Message
Interesting thread. I started saving copper pennies on a small scale and wondered if there were any more people of a like mind. I was going to the bank and getting 5 to 10 dollars in pennies at a time and sorting them. Thought I was a big player in copper penny sorting. I found this forum through a google search. At one time, before finding this forum, I thought I might have one of the largest copper hoards out there. Boy, was I wrong.

Then, I got into studying the Indian Head penny.......

"Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is not baying after what you can't have. Rich is having the time to do what you want to do. Rich is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells. Rich is not owing any money to anybody, and not spending what you haven't got." Robert Ruark

there are too wild Indians...
there are too wild Indians...
there are too wild Indians...-----still taunted

Go to Top of Page

moboman
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2555 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2008 :  21:34:04  Show Profile Send moboman a Private Message
I found coinflation after wondering about the true value of junk silver. I looked at different auctions and coinstores and things that sold it, and I wanted to know how much the silver was worth inside the coin. From coinflation I found out about realcent. At first I thought I would just get nickels, then I saw that pennies have a chance to be worth a higher percentage so I got some pennies and nickels. Then from realcent I found out about ryedale...

"99% of all lawyers give the rest of them a bad name"

Go to Top of Page

kieblera5
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
859 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2008 :  02:12:38  Show Profile  Send kieblera5 an AOL message Send kieblera5 a Private Message
I found it via a google search. I have been reading for a while, and I just joined recently.

Democracy is being allowed to vote for the candidate you dislike least.

Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you mercilessly with experience.

Caller number seven gets the Peace Prize!

Get coding tips, tricks, and more at: http://codingmonday.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

jadedragon
Administrator

Canada
3788 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2008 :  19:03:00  Show Profile Send jadedragon a Private Message
I have always had an interest in PM. Was looking for info on Canadian junk silver being sold on ebay - found coinflation.com After visiting the coinflation site a few times, I clicked a link that landed me here. After lurking for a month, and sorting out a box of Canadian .99 Ni I joined the forum. Now I am buying a Ryedale, causing a small coin shortage at the banks locally, and going to town!

“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
Why Copper Bullion ~~~ Interview with Silver Bullion Producer Market Harmony
Passive Income blog
Go to Top of Page

nckt
Penny Collector Member

USA
304 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2008 :  09:07:36  Show Profile Send nckt a Private Message
i found it off a Google search for "hoarding copper pennies".
Go to Top of Page

Steiner
Penny Collector Member

Canada
278 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2008 :  12:05:35  Show Profile Send Steiner a Private Message
Kitco's silver forum listed this site.

Been here ever since.

Steiner

Steiner
Go to Top of Page

ScottyTX
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
508 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2008 :  20:42:16  Show Profile Send ScottyTX a Private Message
I was thinking I was pretty clever when one day flipping around on the internet i found out that pre-1982 pennies were 95% copper. The the idea hit me like a freight train!!! Gee I should be setting those aside and maybe i'll look through my 3 gallons of pennies throughout the next couple of months. I took me a week and I've been hooked ever since. Then one day I thought there might be someone as smart as me but wasen't sure so i typed in saving copper pennies or sorting copper pennies and found this site alone with ryedale's machine. Its been great so far thanks guys!!!
Go to Top of Page

kavajava
Penny Collector Member

USA
490 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2008 :  12:20:55  Show Profile Send kavajava a Private Message
I won several auctions on ebay from Frugi. After the most recent one he told me about this forum. Looked interesting, so I joined.
Go to Top of Page

Tourney64
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1035 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2008 :  13:17:51  Show Profile Send Tourney64 a Private Message
Found the forum exactly 2 years + 1 weeks ago via searching for places to sell copper pennies and ran across this site. I was looking for what price I could sell pennies scrap copper for proof of concept. I called several places locally and none of them said they would take copper pennies. Imagine that ethical scrap dealers in Indy. I emailed a few others that had web sites and got the smae results. I never got the chance to sell any for scrap. Of course in late 2006 the melt ban went into place.
Go to Top of Page

Flbandit
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
851 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2008 :  17:46:48  Show Profile Send Flbandit a Private Message
I found it looking for scrap metal sites. I figured there had to be a place online for people like me who see dollar signs when I look at scrap metal!

Are you throwing that out?
Go to Top of Page

jpf231
Penny Collector Member

USA
340 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2008 :  14:29:46  Show Profile Send jpf231 a Private Message
The Rydale coin homepage of course.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked