Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Copper Penny Bullion Investing
 Flat rate envelope
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

NoCents
Penny Collector Member

USA
340 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2010 :  14:48:37  Show Profile Send NoCents a Private Message
Has anyone used the USPS F.R.E.'s for shipping like one roll?

What's in it for the dude?

PennySaved
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1720 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2010 :  14:53:16  Show Profile Send PennySaved a Private Message
Isn't that a little expensive? The flat rate envelope is $4.95.

If you are only shipping one roll, it would go 1st class for around $2.

SELLING COPPER PENNIES 1.4X FACE SHIPPED......“I sincerely believe that banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies, and that the principles of spending money to be paid by posterity, under the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale” Thomas Jefferson
Go to Top of Page

NoCents
Penny Collector Member

USA
340 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2010 :  14:58:38  Show Profile Send NoCents a Private Message
I am completely clueless on what sizes and stuff I should be using.
If you could.......
What size and ship methods would one use for these sizes....
1 Penny
1 Roll
$2-$10
$10-$50

Thanks again in advance.

Go to Top of Page

PennySaved
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1720 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2010 :  15:04:11  Show Profile Send PennySaved a Private Message
It depends on the weight. I think anything 1 roll or less should probably be able to go 1st class mail. Anything above that you would be better off getting a flat rate box.

To be honest, I don't know the exact weight off-hand where 1st class is cut off. It should be on their website or just ask when you go in.

SELLING COPPER PENNIES 1.4X FACE SHIPPED......“I sincerely believe that banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies, and that the principles of spending money to be paid by posterity, under the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale” Thomas Jefferson
Go to Top of Page

cesario
Penny Pincher Member

129 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2010 :  17:04:51  Show Profile Send cesario a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by PennySaved

It depends on the weight. I think anything 1 roll or less should probably be able to go 1st class mail. Anything above that you would be better off getting a flat rate box.

To be honest, I don't know the exact weight off-hand where 1st class is cut off. It should be on their website or just ask when you go in.

You must be logged in to see this link.

quote:
Postcards, letters, large envelopes (flats) and small packages can be sent using First-Class Mail®. This service, along with Priority Mail and Express Mail, is ideal for sending personal correspondence, handwritten or typewritten letters, and bills or statements of account. It may also be used for advertisements and lightweight merchandise. First-Class Mail prices are based on both the shape and weight of the item being mailed. For items weighing more than 13 ounces, use Priority Mail.

5 seconds on the USPS website.
Go to Top of Page

Market Harmony
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1274 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2010 :  17:33:03  Show Profile Send Market Harmony a Private Message
This is how I figure things:

* 1 to 12 ounces of goods, I use a bubble wrap lined envelop and ship USPS first class parcel
* 12 ounces to 14 pounds, I ship USPS flat rate small box
* over 14 pounds, I use USPS medium flat rate box

One copper penny is 3.1 grams and there are approx 28.4 ounces or 454 grams to a pound. So a roll of 50 copper cents should weigh a little under 6 ounces. So, you could fit 2 rolls in a bubble wrap envelop and be ok with first class parcel.

goto the new and improved realcent: http://realcent.org
Go to Top of Page

NoCents
Penny Collector Member

USA
340 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2010 :  10:04:21  Show Profile Send NoCents a Private Message
Thanks MH.

I think it was one of your posts that had me thinking.
You know, the one where you went to the counter instead of the machine and you get to pay like 3 different prices for the same package.

Go to Top of Page

HoardCopperByTheTon
Administrator

USA
6807 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2010 :  12:08:25  Show Profile Send HoardCopperByTheTon a Private Message
I used to ship in the flat rate envelope back in the good ol' days when we didn't have flat rate boxes. I once shipped an entire mint sewn bag of 1968-S cents in one of those flat rate envelopes.. lol. The small flat rate box is preferable to the envelope if you are shipping more than a couple of rolls. Be sure to use tape. The cardboard is better on the small flat rate box than the envelope.. but still not all that sturdy.

If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more.

Now selling Copper pennies. 1.6x plus shipping. Limited amounts available.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.15 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2