Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals
 Took The Plunge
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BamaJoe
Penny Sorter Member

86 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2010 :  21:49:42  Show Profile Send BamaJoe a Private Message
Greetings Folks. I've been lurking for a few months here and thought I'd sign up.

Have been buying silver/gold for a since 2001 but just can not seem to get enough of the shiny stuff. About 2 years ago I started sorting a box of pennies a week to save the copper and that's been building nicely.

Finally decided to try sorting for silver. Tonight I did the first $500 of a $1000 box with rather pleasing results. Found 8 40% halves along with 3 64's.

Tomorrow the wife is going to bring home the other half so hopefully that works out as well. Oh yes, I do have the bank issues easy. The wife is a head teller at a bank. Orders what I request and then dumps it for me. Over the years there she has been quite the little silver miner herself. Anything interesting that comes in she has the other tellers trained to bring it to her. She alone averages about $100 face a years in silver. Not to mention a few grand hauls such as 38 rolls of war nickels at one time.

Good one to all of you.

Kurr
1000+ Penny Miser Member

2906 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2010 :  21:57:14  Show Profile Send Kurr a Private Message
Man, that's sweet!

Welcome to the conversation!

The silver [is] mine, and the gold [is] mine, saith the LORD of hosts. Hag 2:8 [/b]
He created it. He controls it. He gave it to us for His use. Why did we turn from sound scriptural currency that PROTECTS us?

KJV Bible w/ Strong's Concordance: http://www.blueletterbible.org/
The book of The Hundreds: http://www.land.netonecom.net/tlp/ref/boh/bookOfTheHundreds_v4.1.pdf
The Two Republics: http://www.whitehorsemedia.com/docs/THE_TWO_REPUBLICS.pdf
Good reading: http://ecclesia.org/truth/government.html

A number of people are educated beyond, sometimes way beyond, their intelligence. - Tenbears

Go to Top of Page

thogey
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1617 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2010 :  21:58:48  Show Profile Send thogey a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJoe

Greetings Folks. I've been lurking for a few months here and thought I'd sign up.

Have been buying silver/gold for a since 2001 but just can not seem to get enough of the shiny stuff. About 2 years ago I started sorting a box of pennies a week to save the copper and that's been building nicely.

Finally decided to try sorting for silver. Tonight I did the first $500 of a $1000 box with rather pleasing results. Found 8 40% halves along with 3 64's.

Tomorrow the wife is going to bring home the other half so hopefully that works out as well. Oh yes, I do have the bank issues easy. The wife is a head teller at a bank. Orders what I request and then dumps it for me. Over the years there she has been quite the little silver miner herself. Anything interesting that comes in she has the other tellers trained to bring it to her. She alone averages about $100 face a years in silver. Not to mention a few grand hauls such as 38 rolls of war nickels at one time.

Good one to all of you.

The perfect woman!

Does she have a bass boat?

Thanks for the post. Welcome.

Come to the new and improved realcent: http://realcent.org
Go to Top of Page

styropyro
Penny Sorter Member

USA
54 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2010 :  21:59:33  Show Profile Send styropyro a Private Message
Good choice of wife there ;) You will get along great here, welcome!
Go to Top of Page

Computer Jones
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1112 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2010 :  22:27:36  Show Profile Send Computer Jones a Private Message
quote:

Good one to all of you.

Welcome,
You, Sir are a lucky man!
Don't forget the important (her) dates and be generous.
$100/yr face Ag, grand haul$ including 38 rolls of War Nicks, Damn nice!!
>Drool, pant and more drooling<
One suggestion, you might want to dump at an institution that uses a different coin service.

There's profit if you melt things!!
8{>
Go to Top of Page

BamaJoe
Penny Sorter Member

86 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2010 :  19:31:56  Show Profile Send BamaJoe a Private Message
Well, did the second half of that $1000 last night. This box yeilded no 90%, but it did give me 8 more 40%. Total out of 2000 halves were 16 40% and 3 64's. I have to say I'm happy with those results. Already asked the wife to double the order to $2000 on Monday morning. Yeah, I know those shunk boxes are out there and coming, but it was fun. Even the wife and kids got into helping with the second half - I was mostly kept busy just rerolling the ones they search.

Computer Jones (or anyone that knows) - you mentioned that I might want to use another institution to dump. According to the wife no matter which carrier (Brinks, Loomus, etc.) any of the banks use they
all go and drop their coins as the Fed. Reserve Branch here in Birmingham to be rerolled and all pick up their coins there. Maybe it's different in some areas without a nearby Fed. Reserve. In that case I don't see the reason behind dumping somewhere else - an I missing something?
Go to Top of Page

BamaJoe
Penny Sorter Member

86 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2010 :  19:39:23  Show Profile Send BamaJoe a Private Message
And Yes, she is damn near the perfect wife. I've spent alot of time in various parts of Asia and met a cute little island girl in the PI and couldn't resist bringing her home. We've been married over 17 years now and still freely admit that it was the smartest thing I've ever done.
Go to Top of Page

dakota1955
1000+ Penny Miser Member

2212 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2010 :  19:49:27  Show Profile  Send dakota1955 a Yahoo! Message Send dakota1955 a Private Message
Sound like the perfect set-up. welcome aboard.
Go to Top of Page

rosco
Penny Collector Member

USA
254 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2010 :  01:12:41  Show Profile Send rosco a Private Message
My Wife worked in banks when we first got married but things were tight in 1963 _ 68 Three boys. We did spend silver dollars when we needed milk or other stuff Did not keep after silver then. We inherited some Coin Silver from her Dad an My Mom but just started stacking in Sept 09.

Married 49 years so We agree that we talk over what we do , I would shift More but we both remember the Hunts an had friends who hurt bad a few had to work 10 more years to retire. We got out at my age 62 That's 10 years ago, Its been Fun

Old Geezer a HAND Sorter
Go to Top of Page

NDFARMER
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1197 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2010 :  07:07:14  Show Profile Send NDFARMER a Private Message
quote:

- I was mostly kept busy just rerolling the ones they search.

I am surprised you have to take the time to reroll those halves. Especially when you wife works at the bank. Can't she just run them through the counting machine. All the banks around here won't accepted rolled coin they have to stand there and break open all the rolls and run them through the counter. Plus as I understand it the feds won't accept rolls they only take coin in their approved bags.

COPPER - the "poormans" precious metal!!!

SELLING - $100.00 face copper shipped to you for $189.00 machine rolled or bagged - PM me if your interested.
Go to Top of Page

beauanderos
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2408 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2010 :  09:49:52  Show Profile Send beauanderos a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by rosco

My Wife worked in banks when we first got married but things were tight in 1963 _ 68 Three boys. We did spend silver dollars when we needed milk or other stuff Did not keep after silver then. We inherited some Coin Silver from her Dad an My Mom but just started stacking in Sept 09.

Married 49 years so We agree that we talk over what we do , I would shift More but we both remember the Hunts an had friends who hurt bad a few had to work 10 more years to retire. We got out at my age 62 That's 10 years ago, Its been Fun

Wow, Rosco... that probably makes you and Ponce the Grand Viziers of Real Cent. I'll bet you've been to some interesting places and have stories to share of all the trails you've traveled. Hope you're enjoying the heck out of your retirement and that your health is intact

Hoard now and hold on!

http://coppermillions.blogspot.com/
http://wherewillyoubein2012.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

PreservingThePast
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1572 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2010 :  17:50:07  Show Profile Send PreservingThePast a Private Message
quote:

Well, did the second half of that $1000 last night. This box yeilded no 90%, but it did give me 8 more 40%. Total out of 2000 halves were 16 40% and 3 64's. I have to say I'm happy with those results. Already asked the wife to double the order to $2000 on Monday morning. Yeah, I know those shunk boxes are out there and coming, but it was fun. Even the wife and kids got into helping with the second half - I was mostly kept busy just rerolling the ones they search.

Computer Jones (or anyone that knows) - you mentioned that I might want to use another institution to dump. According to the wife no matter which carrier (Brinks, Loomus, etc.) any of the banks use they
all go and drop their coins as the Fed. Reserve Branch here in Birmingham to be rerolled and all pick up their coins there.
Maybe it's different in some areas without a nearby Fed. Reserve. In that case I don't see the reason behind dumping somewhere else - an I missing something?

BamaJoe...welcome!

The head teller at my main bank that I have banked with for over 20 years tells me the same information. All coin that is delivered to them by the coin service company they use comes out of the Fed. Reserve Bank in Jacksonville, Florida. I'm located in Central Florida.

Go to Top of Page

BamaJoe
Penny Sorter Member

86 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2010 :  18:48:33  Show Profile Send BamaJoe a Private Message
NDFARMER - since my wife is nice ehough to order the pennies and halves that I want and lug the things to her car I don't ask her to lug them back. I dump at a branch near where I work. Funny thing is that my wife knows several of the tellers there and really doesn't care for them. Whenever I dump she like to know which tellers I went to then laughs about it.

BTW, I take it from your name your in North Dakota? I spend a fews years there myself at Minot AFB as a Minuteman Launch Officer. Decent people, but your weather is a Southern Boy's version of hell.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2