Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 International Coin & Currency Collecting
 Currently Circulating World Coins Forum
 Foreign Cents
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

beauanderos
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2408 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2010 :  18:02:32  Show Profile Send beauanderos a Private Message
What are we all doing with our weird copper cents from foreign countries? I know I have a couple from Norway and one from Barbados. I'm sure everyone has a few, perhaps some many? There's probably not a single individual who has enough to sell on ebay, and after the novelty has worn off, who wants to keep them? Why don't we use this as a fundraiser? We could all send in our don't-want-ems to Nate, and he could easily sell packets of them with all the traffic he gets at the Copper Cave. We could either just support Nate in this way for all that he does to promote the copper market, or we could put the funds to use to keep the site ad-free. What do you guys think?

Hoard now and hold on!

http://coppermillions.blogspot.com/
http://wherewillyoubein2012.blogspot.com/

thogey
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1617 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2010 :  18:11:29  Show Profile Send thogey a Private Message
I'm all for a collective effort. There is no downside. Iron out the details, I trust you guys.

I'm in.

Edit for content. I removed the word, charity.

Come to the new and improved realcent: http://realcent.org

Edited by - thogey on 01/31/2010 18:15:06
Go to Top of Page

HoardCopperByTheTon
Administrator

USA
6807 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2010 :  18:25:11  Show Profile Send HoardCopperByTheTon a Private Message
Not a bad idea.. but I want mine! I hoard copper from all countries.

If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more.

Now selling Copper pennies. 1.6x plus shipping. Limited amounts available.
Go to Top of Page

jadedragon
Administrator

Canada
3788 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2010 :  18:40:33  Show Profile Send jadedragon a Private Message
I don't find enough (that I don't want for my collection) from other countries to make it worth the postage. Well except for American pennies - those I sell to a US bank by the box.

“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
Why Copper Bullion ~~~ Interview with Silver Bullion Producer Market Harmony
Passive Income blog
Go to Top of Page

uthminsta
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1872 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  12:56:13  Show Profile Send uthminsta a Private Message
I love 'em. World bronze is kind of my niche. So yeah I guess I would be willing to buy these by the pound, if the price was right.

Go to Top of Page

marine70
Penny Pincher Member

USA
150 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  23:30:35  Show Profile Send marine70 a Private Message
What is a fair price per pound of foreign coins?
Go to Top of Page

AGgressive Metal
Administrator

USA
1937 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2010 :  16:21:50  Show Profile Send AGgressive Metal a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by marine70

What is a fair price per pound of foreign coins?

Sight unseen about $3-$4/lb. More if it is high quality or totally unsorted. There is someone on the forum with a $3/lb. standing offer. I pay $4/lb. on a regular basis but it is not a standing offer.

And he that hath lyberte ought to kepe hit wel / For nothyng is better than lyberte / For lyberte shold not be wel sold for alle the gold and syluer of all the world.
-Caxton's edition of Aesop's Fables, 1484
Go to Top of Page

uthminsta
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1872 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2010 :  15:48:33  Show Profile Send uthminsta a Private Message
Any further thoughts on this?

Go to Top of Page

dakota1955
1000+ Penny Miser Member

2212 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2010 :  16:04:26  Show Profile  Send dakota1955 a Yahoo! Message Send dakota1955 a Private Message
I give mine away to grandkids and other kids. Great way to pass on the love of coin collecting.
Go to Top of Page

DoctorMetal
Penny Sorter Member

40 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2010 :  07:18:43  Show Profile Send DoctorMetal a Private Message
I don't want mine, and I put all the worthless foreign coins in a bag. With copper sorting here in Middle TN, I am finding lots of Canadians, Irish, and Panamanians. Other weird stuff too, probably because there's a big Army post in town.
Go to Top of Page

Copper Catcher
Administrator

USA
2092 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2010 :  14:00:21  Show Profile Send Copper Catcher a Private Message
I would be open to trading for copper pennies on anything you want to get rid of.
Go to Top of Page

DoctorMetal
Penny Sorter Member

40 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2010 :  16:16:16  Show Profile Send DoctorMetal a Private Message
They're in a small plastic baggie (weight 309 gr; about 50 coins), all various countries, denominations, etc., but if you think the lot is worth anything, tell me how many rolls of copper pennies you'd be willing to trade for it.
quote:
Originally posted by Copper Catcher

I would be open to trading for copper pennies on anything you want to get rid of.

Go to Top of Page

Copper Catcher
Administrator

USA
2092 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2010 :  20:10:26  Show Profile Send Copper Catcher a Private Message
I'll trade you two rolls of copper pennies for 50 foreign plus I'll throw in other stuff i.e. your own mystery box! If you are interested, pm me your address and I'll ship it out to you this week. :-)
Go to Top of Page

DoctorMetal
Penny Sorter Member

40 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2010 :  07:31:56  Show Profile Send DoctorMetal a Private Message
Sounds good, CC. I'm always up for a mystery (better than irony). Two rolls of real value for a 50-item foreign lot it is. I can't promise anything of value is in the lot I'm sending you, but I do recognize two or three specimens that might be worth something. All are circulated, you know. Mostly smaller sizes, denominations, and different compositions. About all I can guarantee is that the coins are genuine. Our biggest problem here at the Army post where I work as a civilian involves the soldiers coming back from overseas with fake coins. Thanks for the trade opportunity. PM sent to share addresses. And thanks for getting my avatar up. DM
Go to Top of Page

Copper Catcher
Administrator

USA
2092 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2010 :  07:41:11  Show Profile Send Copper Catcher a Private Message
I'll toss them in my foreign coin bag. You will like the other stuff I'll send too. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.13 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2