Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Tracking Threads Only
 2010 Indian Head Tracking
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

cwgii
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
924 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2010 :  08:24:00  Show Profile Send cwgii a Private Message
1,350$ into the new year. a 1897 . first one of the year for me
Go to Top of Page

Kurr
1000+ Penny Miser Member

2906 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2010 :  19:11:32  Show Profile Send Kurr a Private Message
Found a 1906 while searching zincs for 2009s, just now. Three or four hundred dollars worth more to search yet.

The silver [is] mine, and the gold [is] mine, saith the LORD of hosts. Hag 2:8 [/b]
He created it. He controls it. He gave it to us for His use. Why did we turn from sound scriptural currency that PROTECTS us?

KJV Bible w/ Strong's Concordance: http://www.blueletterbible.org/
The book of The Hundreds: http://www.land.netonecom.net/tlp/ref/boh/bookOfTheHundreds_v4.1.pdf
The Two Republics: http://www.whitehorsemedia.com/docs/THE_TWO_REPUBLICS.pdf
Good reading: http://ecclesia.org/truth/government.html

A number of people are educated beyond, sometimes way beyond, their intelligence. - Tenbears

Go to Top of Page

cwgii
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
924 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2010 :  18:06:06  Show Profile Send cwgii a Private Message
hmm, one mans treasure/trash, i keep out the 2009s . then turn them back in wheni get a box full.
Go to Top of Page

bman
Penny Collector Member

USA
425 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2010 :  08:25:06  Show Profile Send bman a Private Message
I got a really ugly 1907 this morning

check out my coins for sale on ecrater : http://bmanscoinsforsale.ecrater.com/
Go to Top of Page

dixiebooks
Penny Sorter Member

USA
92 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2010 :  09:42:27  Show Profile Send dixiebooks a Private Message
I found my first indian about 3 weeks ago. It was so worn and pitted the date is totally obliterated. Still, very exciting to me. Then, about a week later I found my second - a 1902 in nice condition. -js

James.M.Wagner

eBid, my faorite greedBay alternative: http://us.ebid.net/perl/normal.cgi?ref=800619&mo=register-main
Go to Top of Page

chris6084
Penny Collector Member

303 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2010 :  20:50:40  Show Profile Send chris6084 a Private Message
Found one last night, 1902
Go to Top of Page

JJM
Penny Sorter Member

71 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2010 :  14:15:19  Show Profile Send JJM a Private Message
Found a pretty sweet 1903 last night
Go to Top of Page

Be Nice to BankTellers
Penny Sorter Member

USA
77 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2010 :  21:48:23  Show Profile Send Be Nice to BankTellers a Private Message
Found my first ever IH. BWR. A somewhat dirty 1906 in F - VF condition.
Been collecting coins since I was a little kid, and I have NEVER owned an Indian Head until now.
Best way to get them, FV out of circulation.

Shhh, the story I am telling my 3 year old is that he found it. He opened the roll, so that counts.

Grandpa always told me, "Back in 1964..." I listened.

Selling copper cents @ $2.50/lb. + shipping.
Go to Top of Page

NDFARMER
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1197 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2010 :  07:01:52  Show Profile Send NDFARMER a Private Message
Found two more this week, a 1906, and a 1901. I think I have already found more this year than I did all last year.

COPPER - the "poormans" precious metal!!!

SELLING - $100.00 face copper shipped to you for $189.00 machine rolled or bagged - PM me if your interested.
Go to Top of Page

JobIII
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2010 :  19:46:19  Show Profile Send JobIII a Private Message
1908 last night!

Selling Copper cents. $0 FV available at 1.4xFV. Also interested in trading for wheat pennies and other coins Please pm me for requests or inquiries.

Go to Top of Page

knibloe
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1066 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2010 :  21:34:21  Show Profile Send knibloe a Private Message
Finally!!! I got my first indian of the year today. 1888. Got it from $100 in CWR that I got in Ohio last week. It was looking very depressing. Had only found 5 wheats and then I say her.
Go to Top of Page

beauanderos
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2408 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2010 :  21:57:18  Show Profile Send beauanderos a Private Message
congratulations on all the recent finds, guys! Feels good, doesn't it? Sometimes I wish I could freeze the moment of discovery, as it lays there mingled among its copper brethren, so that I could view it from various angles, enjoying them all. But I'm always too quick to grab it and inspect if from my hand, ruining all the fun. Can't help myself though. My turn should be coming up again in another million sorts or so.

Hoard now and hold on!

http://coppermillions.blogspot.com/
http://wherewillyoubein2012.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

NDFARMER
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1197 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2010 :  08:04:57  Show Profile Send NDFARMER a Private Message
I know what you mean beauanderos, those Indians really jump out at you when see them laying on table. Every time I find one I can't believe there is any left in circulation.

COPPER - the "poormans" precious metal!!!

SELLING - $100.00 face copper shipped to you for $189.00 machine rolled or bagged - PM me if your interested.
Go to Top of Page

JWRAY
Penny Collector Member

USA
378 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2010 :  17:34:22  Show Profile Send JWRAY a Private Message
Found my first wild Indian today, Strings box. It is one gunky monkey, but it still counts!
Its an 1896.

MOVING SALE!!! Selling Copper Cents 1.4 shipped - in limited quantities PM me and we'll talk.
Go to Top of Page

Zyll
Penny Pincher Member

USA
214 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2010 :  10:15:20  Show Profile Send Zyll a Private Message
I have been working a $25 box I picked up last week from BofA, dumping the pennies out of their plastic roll wrappers into a broad cardboard box originally used to carry six-packs of coca-cola. Last night in my garage I was finishing the unwrapping process, spilling each new roll out on the pile. This way they're spread out enough so I can visually inspect for Wheats and Queens. I was just thinking to myself that I haven't seen many wheats in this box when something different caught my eye, half-buried.

At first I thought I was seeing maple leaves, and so I picked it up casually to drop in the baby-food container for foreign coins. But when I grabbed it it was definitely an oak wreath I was looking at. I was still thinking "foreign coin" (I have no idea why) until I turned it over and saw lady Liberty's proud profile and headdress. The date...1897. A bit of black gunk at the bottom, but otherwise a decent F-VF specimen. So they DO exist in the wild!

I frantically unwrapped the rest of the rolls; not a single wheat and one 1970's Queen. I went into the house to wash the gunk off. Unfortunately it was about 10:30PM and the whole house was dead quiet. Even my wife was asleep with TV on and her glasses still on. I didn't say anything about it this morning; you are the first to know, Comrade.

Beau-and-eros, there is a way to freeze the moment of discovery; write about it! Enjoy your searches, everyone!
Go to Top of Page

beauanderos
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2408 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2010 :  18:23:30  Show Profile Send beauanderos a Private Message
Okay Zyll, you figured out my name. What does yours mean? Congratulations on your find, and thanks for sharing in detail so we could vicariously enjoy it with you. How apropos is this? Here I go to post my latest and get to kill two birds with one stone I just posted this under zombies, so I won't repeat myself too much here. Found a half-dead indian just now, almost can't even read the date of 1903. The condition of the cent is so poor, that rather than be elated that I even found it, I was disappointed it was in such grave condition.

Hoard now and hold on!

Go to Top of Page

Zyll
Penny Pincher Member

USA
214 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2010 :  18:37:29  Show Profile Send Zyll a Private Message
It was a text-adventure game on the PC Jr. in 1982...my avatar picture is the cover art for the game. The Evil Sorcerer Zyll was the bad guy with his mysterious black orb.

quote:
Originally posted by beauanderos

Okay Zyll, you figured out my name. What does yours mean?

Go to Top of Page

beauanderos
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2408 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2010 :  19:21:31  Show Profile Send beauanderos a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Zyll

It was a text-adventure game on the PC Jr. in 1982...my avatar picture is the cover art for the game. The Evil Sorcerer Zyll was the bad guy with his mysterious black orb.

Ok, cool. Can you cast a spell on the Copper Elf for me? No? Curses!

Hoard now and hold on!

Go to Top of Page

bronze hunter
Penny Sorter Member

USA
64 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2010 :  19:33:22  Show Profile Send bronze hunter a Private Message
I found a 1900 indian today along with about 150 or so wheats in one of my $50. bags. I normally Machine sort but I hand sorted this bag after seeing the percentage.
Go to Top of Page

double dot
Penny Sorter Member

USA
55 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2010 :  01:34:10  Show Profile Send double dot a Private Message
I was starting to wonder if I would see a wild one ever again after my last 10 months ago. Then up pops a fair 1909 plain.

That makes 5 total in the last 3 years or one for every $520 dollars searched.

Crouching Teller, Hiding Copper
Go to Top of Page

NotABigDeal
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
3890 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  15:51:26  Show Profile Send NotABigDeal a Private Message
Does this count?

Loomis paper wrappers. 1905. No, I don't have a rolling machine. No I didn't tamper with anything and put it in there. It's been a pretty good few days searching for me.

Deal

Live free or die.
Plain and simple.

"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your council or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."
- Samuel Adams
Go to Top of Page

NotABigDeal
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
3890 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  20:53:47  Show Profile Send NotABigDeal a Private Message
I actually post something and I don't get credit, hehe.

Deal

Live free or die.
Plain and simple.

"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your council or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."
- Samuel Adams
Go to Top of Page

Bluegill
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1964 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  21:00:45  Show Profile Send Bluegill a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by NotABigDeal

Does this count?

Loomis paper wrappers. 1905. No, I don't have a rolling machine. No I didn't tamper with anything and put it in there. It's been a pretty good few days searching for me.

Deal

That's a cool photo. You have accomplished what no else has, to capture a wild Indian on film.

Congrats.

Go to Top of Page

NotABigDeal
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
3890 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2010 :  06:03:24  Show Profile Send NotABigDeal a Private Message
Yeah, it's funny. My dad seems to usually be over when I find my cool findings. He wasn't here for this one, and he feels left out.

Deal

Live free or die.
Plain and simple.

- Samuel Adams
Go to Top of Page

Bootstrap
Penny Collector Member

USA
279 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2010 :  11:08:32  Show Profile Send Bootstrap a Private Message
Woot! I just found an 1883 IH in my first box of pennies for 2010! Wild IH do exist!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.18 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2