Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals
 I think they have been plucked
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

slickeast
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2533 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2009 :  00:49:25  Show Profile Send slickeast a Private Message
I was searching halves on a regular routine for about 6 months. I would order from the same bank and dump at the lobby machines. I found silver every week for 6 months.

Now I have been getting skunk boxes. About 20 in a row. I stopped for several months because of this. I decided to try my luck again. I ordered 9 boxes this week. So far I have had 3 skunk boxes.

I think the armored car service that is rolling the halves is sorting out the silver.

I think I need to stick to CRW's and teller trays.

You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be.......SLICK

Country
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
3121 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2009 :  06:27:56  Show Profile Send Country a Private Message
What service does your source bank use? I use Brinks and dump in Dunbar banks. Hope you're not getting my Dunbar dumps.

I have found that you periodically go through multiple skunks when using Brinks boxes. I went through about 20 skunks in a row too! I think we have to realize that there are many people just like us searching for silver in the Virginia/DC area. Expect plenty of skunks. But, you will get an occasional 30+ silver box. Generally, I think SILVER is thinning out in the Virginia/DC area.

---> Come to the new and improved realcent: http://realcent.org

The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
– Theodore Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

NDFARMER
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1197 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2009 :  08:04:01  Show Profile Send NDFARMER a Private Message
I think with $20.00 silver just about all the silver has been removed from circulation. I get skunked all the time on boxes. I agree the only way you are going to find any silver is with CWR's or in the tellers tray.

COPPER - the "poormans" precious metal!!!

SELLING - $100.00 face copper shipped to you for $189.00 machine rolled or bagged - PM me if your interested.
Go to Top of Page

kieblera5
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
859 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2009 :  08:18:56  Show Profile  Send kieblera5 an AOL message Send kieblera5 a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Country

What service does your source bank use? I use Brinks and dump in Dunbar banks. Hope you're not getting my Dunbar dumps.

I have found that you periodically go through multiple skunks when using Brinks boxes. I went through about 20 skunks in a row too! I think we have to realize that there are many people just like us searching for silver in the Virginia/DC area. Expect plenty of skunks. But, you will get an occasional 30+ silver box. Generally, I think SILVER is thinning out in the Virginia/DC area.

My bad.

Democracy is being allowed to vote for the candidate you dislike least.

Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you mercilessly with experience.

Caller number seven gets the Peace Prize!

Get coding tips, tricks, and more at: http://codingmonday.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

slickeast
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2533 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2009 :  10:57:23  Show Profile Send slickeast a Private Message
I just went through box #4. I found a '64 and a '67.

So I guess the armored car service isn't removing them.

Go to Top of Page

slickeast
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2533 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2009 :  15:02:12  Show Profile Send slickeast a Private Message
on a side note. dumped 1999.00 in halved today. machine showed 2000.25. so I made 1.25 dumping my halves.

Go to Top of Page

jtm3
Penny Pincher Member

USA
187 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2009 :  15:54:50  Show Profile Send jtm3 a Private Message
Your in the VA/DC area too!
Wow your right I should start getting family to bring boxes when they visit from other areas. I will pay of course.

Copper Cent Hoarding Wiki

coppercenthoarding.wikia.com

+637 posts
Go to Top of Page

kieblera5
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
859 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2009 :  23:02:01  Show Profile  Send kieblera5 an AOL message Send kieblera5 a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by jtm3

Your in the VA/DC area too!
Wow your right I should start getting family to bring boxes when they visit from other areas. I will pay of course.

Maybe you can get away with not paying

Democracy is being allowed to vote for the candidate you dislike least.

Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you mercilessly with experience.

Caller number seven gets the Peace Prize!

Get coding tips, tricks, and more at: http://codingmonday.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

rainsonme
Penny Pincher Member

USA
183 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2009 :  21:41:21  Show Profile Send rainsonme a Private Message
I am in Oregon, and although I have heard from another in Oregon who is finding silver, I am quite sure my silver finds have declined. Up until about 6 months ago, I was finding silver in almost every box/bag. But I now very seldom find any, and if there is 1 or 2, they are 40%.
Go to Top of Page

chris6084
Penny Collector Member

303 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2009 :  11:08:21  Show Profile Send chris6084 a Private Message
I thought I had read an article on jackson metals a while back when they claimed that they removed nearly all the silver halves in the country.
Go to Top of Page

Country
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
3121 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2009 :  11:40:10  Show Profile Send Country a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by chris6084

I thought I had read an article on jackson metals a while back when they claimed that they removed nearly all the silver halves in the country.

Looks like they searched $14M of halves by 2007. They wanted to melt copper pennies for a profit too. I don't know what they are doing today.

Jackson Metals - Ohio

---> Come to the new and improved realcent: http://realcent.org

The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
– Theodore Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.15 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2