Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Related Topics, Learning and Information
 Realcent.forumco.com Operations and Policy Stmts
 Search
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

biglouddrunk
Penny Pincher Member

138 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2009 :  07:53:24  Show Profile Send biglouddrunk a Private Message
I love this forum, but is it just me or does the search seem worthless? You can find a word in the title of a recent thread and use the search and it will find nothing.

Country
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
3121 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2009 :  12:23:52  Show Profile Send Country a Private Message
Search doesn't work. I think someone intimated that the database engine is corrupted. Perhaps one of our administrators knows why it hasn't been fixed?

---> Come to the new and improved realcent: http://realcent.org

The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
– Theodore Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

kieblera5
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
859 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2009 :  12:29:14  Show Profile  Send kieblera5 an AOL message Send kieblera5 a Private Message
I believe that the problem is that we all talk too much While searching the forum for your one specific word, the page will time out and load an error. It is set up so that it redirects you to a finished search page with no results. That's my opinion on the matter.

Democracy is being allowed to vote for the candidate you dislike least.

Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you mercilessly with experience.

Caller number seven gets the Peace Prize!

Get coding tips, tricks, and more at: http://codingmonday.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

NotABigDeal
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
3890 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2009 :  17:31:25  Show Profile Send NotABigDeal a Private Message
Sometimes search works, other times it doesn't. It can find specific threads if you know the EXACT title and be sure to search all forums. Other than that, no go.

Deal

Live free or die.
Plain and simple.

"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your council or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."
- Samuel Adams
Go to Top of Page

jadedragon
Administrator

Canada
3788 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2009 :  00:52:11  Show Profile Send jadedragon a Private Message
We have discussed this and have no idea how to fix it. One idea would be to archive old threads to reduce the amount to be searched, but no one has the heart.

“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
Why Copper Bullion ~~~ Interview with Silver Bullion Producer Market Harmony
Passive Income blog
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2